https://www.nockout.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/how-to-install-lighted-nocks_feature.jpg 3078 5472 Nock Out Lighted Nocks https://www.nockout.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Nock-Out-Lighted-Nocks-for-Vertical-Bows-and-Crossbows.png Nock Out Lighted Nocks2018-07-24 11:43:472018-07-24 11:47:30How to Install Nock Out® Lighted Nocks
How to Install Nock Out® Lighted Nocks
Installing Lighted Nocks | Nock Out® Contender Nocks
Nock Out® lighted nocks has developed an impressive lighted nock for compound shooters that is durable and accurate while being simple and easy to use. The Contender vertical lighted nocks fit X,H,S/GT shafts with the included universal bushing kit contained in each package, making them the perfect fit no matter what size arrow shaft is in your archery setup.
Nock Out® includes the needed bushings to make the Contender lighted nocks truly a universal fit for any arrow in the industry from 5mm all the way up to 6.5mm shafts. Installing the nocks at home is an easy process that requires few tools. Some items you will want to have on hand include bowstring wax, a pair of needle nose pliers, and possibly a universal nock tool for inserting and indexing nocks. Organize your arrow shafts, tools, and Contender nocks on a clean level work surface, and follow these few steps to smoothly install your new Contender lighted nocks by Nock Out.
Lancaster Archery Supply – Lighted Nock Contender Install
Steps to Proper Lighted Nock Setup
- Remove the orange C clamp located midway on the nock body with needle nose pliers. This clip is used strictly for packaging purposes.
- Identify the arrow shaft size and the appropriate bushing for your arrow shaft.
- Contender nocks fit 5mm or X shafts directly from the package with no bushing required.
- 6mm (H) and 6.5mm (S/GT) shafts require the use of the included appropriate bushing.
- For 5mm or X shafts at .204” ID the Contender Nocks are ready to install after the removal of the orange C clamp. Simply apply a liberal amount of bowstring wax to the lower nock body and insert the nock into the shaft. Take care to index the nock to the arrow fletching according to your arrow rest. Never force your Contender Nocks into the shaft by forcing the nock and shaft down onto a hard surface without a nock tool.
- When installing the Nock Out® Contender nocks into 6mm (H) or 6.5mm (S/GT) arrow shafts, first remove the orange C clip on the lower nock body. Identify the appropriate bushing for your arrow shaft from the packaging. Insert the nock into the bushing before pushing the bushing into the arrow shaft. After installing the nock into the appropriate bushing with the orange C clip removed, apply liberal bowstring wax to the exterior of the bushing and insert into your arrow shaft. Take care to index the nock to the arrow fletching according to your arrow rest. Again, never force your Contender Nocks into the arrow shaft by forcing the nock and shaft down onto a hard surface without a nock tool.
- Key takeaways to installing the Contender lighted nocks are to be sure and utilize bowstring wax on the nock body during installation, do not force the nock into the arrow shaft by pressing the nock down onto a hard surface, and remember to index the nock according to your arrow’s fletching and bow rest.
The Contender lighted nocks are activated by string pressure at the shot. During the installation process it is easy to pull back on an installed nock that has been activated to turn off the illumination. Be sure your lighted nocks are not activated when you finish the installation process to conserve battery life.